By placing an order with us you agree to our sales terms, conditions, and policies.
Terms of Service / Terms of Conditions
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
These Terms constitute a binding contract between the Customer and Solar Electronic and its subsidiaries. The Customer acknowledges agreement and acceptance of these Terms by making a purchase, placing an order, or otherwise shopping on our Website (the “Site”). These Terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Prices are listed on our Website, and we reserve the right to modify and change without notice.
All prices EXCLUDE VAT unless otherwise stated.
Billing and Account information
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made on our Website. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Shipping; Risk of Loss
Please allow up to 24 hours for your order to be processed during the working week.
We typically dispatch out orders within two business day after they have been placed and payment confirmation received (this excludes weekends & public holidays).
No item(s) will be shipped out until Proof of Payment has been received and confirmed by Solar Electronic or its subsidiaries.
You will receive a shipping confirmation email (with a tracking number) as soon as your order has been processed and shipped.
We ship countrywide, to your door at a flat rate of R115.00. We use a COURIER SERVICE, for deliveries.
Please note – large items (over 2kg) might take an extra 1-2 days shipping time. Additionally, larger/heavier items might incur a higher delivery fee – we will inform you after your order placed if there is any additional courier fees. This also applies volumetrically, if the length x breadth x height of a package / 4000 comes to more than 2kg.
All times stated above exclude weekends & public holidays.
Delivery times are estimates only and we shall not be liable for any delays caused by the courier company.
PLEASE NOTE – We cannot ship to certain townships, farms, plots or extreme outlying areas.
We allow a maximum of 3 days to complete order payment. Failure to do so will result in the order being cancelled.
Pricing Information; Availability; Errors and omissions Disclaimer
All pricing is subject to change. We reserve the right to adjust pricing, products technical specifications, description and service offerings.
All orders are subject to product availability. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to fulfil customer’s orders.
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information published on our Website. However, the documents and graphics published on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the suitability of the information and graphics presented on this site. All such documents and graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
Acceptance of order occurs once we start processing your order. Completing the order on our site does NOT constitute an acceptance of an order.
If an error is made and a product is listed at an incorrect price, we shall maintain the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed at the incorrect price. If the order has been confirmed and you have paid, we shall immediately issue a credit.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER SOLAR ELECTRONIC NOR ITS SUBSIDUARIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. NEITHER SOLAR ELECTRONIC NOR ITS SUBSIDUARIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA OR SOFTWARE OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES BY THIRD PARTIES. THE CUSTOMER AGREES THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY SOLAR ELECTRONIC OR ITS AFFILIATES, NEITHER SOLAR ELECTRONIC NOR ITS SUBSIDUARIES WILL BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE RAND AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE PRODUCT(S) OR SERVICE(S) GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. We will not be responsible for any delays in delivery which result from any circumstances beyond our control, including without limitation, product unavailability, carrier delays, delays due to fire, severe weather conditions, failure of power, labour problems, acts of war, terrorism, general insurrection, acts of God or acts of any government or agency.
We will not be held responsible for any typographical errors including instructions, descriptions, pricing, or terms.
We will not be held responsible for missing, damaged, or late package delivery by the courier company.
As per the nature of electronic items, Solar Electronic will not be held liable for 3rd party fees/callout costs should the device be faulty. Full warranty will of course be honoured for any faulty item(s) themselves.
Return of merchandise
You can return purchases for a full refund (excluding shipping). Please notify us within 7 days and ensure item is not more than a maximum 10 days after delivery date.
All products will either be replaced or refunded depending on stock availability. Products will require evaluation by Solar Electronic before a refund claim can be accepted.
Please email us should you need to return an item
We do not reimburse your fee to ship to us, but we will pay for return shipping if the item is subject to replacement. Please note Solar Electronic will only cover return shipping of a faulty unit within 30 days of purchase, after which, a shipping fee (starting at R115.00) will be applicable for return of the item.
Refunds are subject to inspection of item(s) – in some cases, items will need to be sent to supplier for evaluation and testing. This can take up to 30 working days.
All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, if item is no longer in BRAND NEW condition or if item seal/packaging has been broken.
Please re-package safely and include all original product packaging.
Solar Electronic reserves the right to refuse a refund if the item is damaged from misuse, items are missing, or if the product is altered in any way.
Solar Electronic or its affiliates are not responsible for damage or loss of any kind that may occur because of using or misusing any product purchased from us.
The warranty will no longer be valid, and Solar Electronic will not be responsible for damage or injury of any kind resulting from:
- Electricity fluctuations and surges, lightning strikes, faults in the building wiring, faulty installations, and improper use of controls.
- Failure to use the product in accordance with the operating instructions and or general misuse and or abuse.
- If the product is physically damaged after it left the store.
- If water or liquid caused the damage to the product.
- If the warranty seal is tampered with.
- Any repair or tampering by an unauthorised person or attempt to repair or tamper with the equipment, or use of parts not supplied by authorised agents, or alterations or modification to the equipment shall render the warranty null and void.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical and billing address;
- your mobile number;
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- We will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of items;
- to contact you regarding current or new items or services:
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of items or when delivering items to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly;
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, we are entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, affiliates and subsidiaries (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information. \